Bright Yogis 20 hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training
Saturday, June 29th & Sunday, June 30th
House of AUM Yellow Springs
Bright Yogis 20hr Children’s Yoga Teacher Training is designed from the heart, passion and teaching experience of Addie-Grace Mehling, E-RYT 500.
This certification offers a combination of yoga and movement exercises with social/emotional skill-building activities directed towards developing lifelong wellness habits. You will learn a variety of tools for mindfulness as well as breathing techniques, games, and kid friendly yoga sequences that you can carry with you and use in a variety of settings. You will acquire methods to skillfully support children of all ages, backgrounds, and learning styles.
Whether you are planning on using your certification to teach formally or you plan to utilize your training experience at home with your own children, you will leave with a heart and mind full of tools to share. This training includes an extensive manual that will become a treasured resource to inspire you far beyond graduation. The tools, techniques, resources and confidence you gain will help you offer children and teens experiences that will enhance their well-being in both mind and body.
*Note, you do not have to have a 200 hr certification to take this 20 hour training. This is an excellent offering for teachers and parents who practice and are interested in guiding their students & children in yoga.
Teacher Training Curriculum
• Yoga Philosophy for Children
• Breathing techniques and tools for mindfulness
• Creative yoga flows for children and young adults
• Kid friendly yoga inspired games, songs, and activities
• Class preparation and methodology
• Tools to help children come into better emotional balance and support their capacity to make good choices
• Effective communication with children
• Yoga for children with learning disabilities, ADD, ADHD
• Holding space for children who have experienced trauma
• Business and marketing ideas to utilize your certification
• Identifying how to increase your own effectiveness with mindfulness based self-care
Hours: Saturday & Sunday 9 am-7 pm